CLUB HISTORY

• Established in 1926 as the Community Building Association

• Incorporated as a Boys Club in 1956

• Merged with the Community Center in 1969

• Girls became full-time members in 1980

• Changed name to reflect service increase to entire Valley in 1993 to Boys & Girls Club of the Lower Naugatuck

   Valley

• Opened Raymond P. Lavietes Clubhouse in Shelton June, 1999

• Opened Joel E. Smilow Clubhouse in Ansonia May, 2009

• Opened Seymour Unit in December, 2013

 

© 2019 Boys & Girls Club of the Lower Naugatuck Valley. All Rights Reserved | 1 Positive Place, Shelton, CT 06484 | T. 203-924-7462 | info@bgc-lnv.org

 

  • Instagram Social Icon
  • Facebook App Icon
  • Twitter App Icon