RAYMOND P. LAVIETES UNIT SCHOOL YEAR MEMBERSHIP
Raymond P. Lavietes Clubhouse in Shelton
open on Tuesday, September 4 for registered members
Our Boys & Girls Club in Shelton will be open from 8 am - 6 pm on Tuesday, September 3 for all our registered members, including those who attend our Elizabeth Shelton School program at Elizabeth Shelton School. Children must be registered for the 2019-2020 school year to come to our Clubhouse on Tuesday. (Day pass available; see note below.)
If you have not yet registered, you can complete our online Membership Application here.
If you have registered but not yet paid, payment is due when you drop your child off.
If you are not registering your child for the 2019-2020 school year but would like your child to come on Tuesday, we offer a Day Pass for $75 per child.
Any child registered after August 23 will NOT be on our bus the first WEEK of school; registrations received after August 23 will be placed on the bus list starting September 9. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Please be patient and allow extra time when dropping your child off on Tuesday morning as we assist all our families. Thank you for choosing our Boys & Girls Club; we look forward to a terrific school year with you and your children!
SCHOOL YEAR REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
Thinking of registering for one of our before or after school programs? Whether it's a program at our Raymond P. Lavietes Clubhouse in Shelton or one of our satellite programs, we are happy to be able to offer affordable and convenient childcare options. Our before and after school programs are held at our Clubhouse, One Positive Place in Shelton and at Elizabeth Shelton Elementary School,138 Willoughby Road in Shelton.
School year memberships are available from September through June, and free transportation is provided for Shelton school members; transportation is available for Derby School members at an additional cost on a first-come, first-serve basis. During the school year, your child's after-school membership provides them with a safe and fun environment to grow and prosper scholastically, physically, and socially while developing leadership skills with our leadership programs and activities.
Some of our school-year programs and activities include...
Homework Assistance (starting with Kindergartners)
Immersion Science (marine science program for grades 5-8)
Keystone Club (for 14-18 year olds)
Smart Moves (skill mastery and resistance training)
TGIF (Friday nights for middle school students)
Torch Club (for 11-13 year olds)
For complete details about our membership programs, click on the links to the left.
After School Registration
To start on the first day of school,
September 3, 2019…
1. Read our Parent Handbook. Copies are at the Information Table or download from our website. REQUIRED for registration.
2. Complete your child’s online Membership Application by August 20th.
3. Once you complete your online registration, give us 2 business days to process your application. Then come in and pay for your child’s yearly or first month of tuition/transportation.
4. If your child attends a Shelton public school and you would like bus service for them, type YES on the online Membership Application for bus service AND write a letter to school stating your child has permission to ride the bus to our Clubhouse for the school year. If you do not complete this step, your child will not be bused to our Club.
5. We will accept registrations submitted until August 23rd at 6pm. Any and all registrations submitted by this time will be processed for your child to start on the first day of school, Tuesday, September 3rd. Payment must be made on the first day of school (if not submitted beforehand).
6. Registration will remain open after August 23rd, but any new registrations will not be processed until we return on September 3rd. Therefore, at this time, your child will not be able to start until Monday, September 9th.